Monday, January 9, 2012

Mistakes made & Lessons learned

Well.. today was the start of a fresh new semester for me here at UMC. All in all things went good and I feel good about the classes Im in- so far. Just a look at my course load: Botany, Chemistry (try #2), Environmental Science Remediation Techniques, and Precalculus. Uff. Not to mention that I am on Academic probation due to the Chem class I took, and failed, last semester. It is crucial that I do exceptional this semester to raise my GPA and avoid getting suspended for a semester, so the pressure is on. I feel a little overwhelmed and quite frankly in over my head not only because of school stress, but stress in other areas. One of the biggest issues in my life is that I am falling for someone. But this someone is not just anyone. He happens to be the best friend of the infamous Wade ( who I used to see). He is amazing. He challenges me, and isnt afraid to call me out and argue with me. Its a nice change of pace considering Wade would avoid conflict whenever he could. The thing about me is that I love to argue. When Im feeling pissy, sometimes I just want to yell at somebody who can take it, and even dish it right back out at me. He is nice, but not too nice. He cares for me and gives me advice. When Im feeling down or just need someone to vent to or tell my most sensitive feelings to, he listens and helps. He is a little know-it-all-ish which gets irritating, but he keeps reminding me that he's trying to help me go in the right direction. He is what I need to be the best person I can be. Just the teeny tiny fact that he's Wades best friend is a slight problem. I dont know if I could ever accept the fact that he is best friends and thinks highly of the person that I hate, but I would never try to turn him against his best friend. I guess we'll just see. Moving on.. learned another big lesson. I used to have a big issue with drinking and driving. Over the summer at my grandmas I seemed to fix most of my emotional issues at that time. I guess that lesson I didnt yet learn was that even though I wasnt the one driving when drunk, riding with a drunk driver is also not ok. My roommate and I went drinking with my friends Jerod and Eric. We were having a good time, and Eric was driving us in his pickup. By the end of the night we were all pretty well tuned up. We left a bar in a dinky little town and were cruising some backroads. All night Eric was showing off, fishtailing down the gravel roads and going really fast. Well, we turned down one road and he started doing it again, I could feel him lose control and we were whipping back and forth pretty quickly. Before I even knew it, the entire pickup whipped around, hit the ditch, and rolled. Luckily we were all ok, the worst of the injuries being cuts from the broken glass. We were inches from getting wrapped around a light pole. I know that was God grabbing me by the arms and shaking me as hard as he could, attempting one last time to knock some sense into me. Safe to say, I got the message loud and clear. I was extremely grateful we were all ok, especially because the next day I heard on the news that a guy got in a rollover in another town and died. You hear about rollovers all the time, and majority of the time it doesnt end well. I know how lucky I was and learned that its not only DUIs that are the consequence of drinking and driving. Well I must end this now. I just had so much on my mind tonight that I had to get out of my head.

1 comment:

  1. My Goodness, sounds like you are growing up :) Good luck in your new semester at your new school!

    ReplyDelete