Sunday, September 4, 2011

New Life :)

Welllll.. it has been over 3 months since I wrote on here but now that I am happily settled into my new life and the chaos has died down a little I decided to sum up whats going on. I had the most WONDERFUL summer at my grandmas house in Vergas. Just a recap, this is the grandma I was estranged from because of the life-altering letter she wrote me when I was 15. I am so happy to say that I have finally completely forgiven her and our relationship is better than ever. I had a great opportunity to get away from reality for the summer and really find myself and my place in this crazy messed up world. I was almost completely cut off from civilization and friends the whole summer. Plus side is it kind of showed who my real friends are and who just liked me to drink with. I have cut out the negative people in my life who have nothing better to do but drink. I am proud to say I now have good quality friends that I keep close. While I was there, I raised my own garden, and even made a quilt ALL by myself!! Yes, it seems quite dull compared to what my life used to consist of, but it was quite refreshing to live the simple life. Its even already planned that I will be going back next summer, and I get to raise chickens and I get a pet pig next year! This makes me sooo happy, because nothing makes me happier than bonding with animals on a daily basis. I am convinced that Vergas is where Im meant to be, and after I graduate I will end up there on the farm, and eventually building my own house on the land. I absolutely love it there it is amazing in every aspect. Now, I am back to college, but I am going to the University of Minnesota in Crookston. I am living on campus (not really, dorms ran out so I am living in the hotel next to campus) and it is so nice not to have to worry about working and paying rent every month, and its soo much easier to focus on school. I have quite a heavy load this semester, Im in honors biology and chemistry, which is very challenging for me considering Ive never taken a chem class before!! But I am certain I will do good. My advisor gave me an incredible opportunity for the summer of my junior year. EPA has a program called "greater opportunity research" which means the 3 months before my junior year I will be doing environmental research. I will be getting paid $9000 for the summer, and they completely fund my last two years of school!!! The only catch is that I have to keep a B average, but I am soooo determined and thankful for this opportunity that I know I can keep my grades up! I am majoring in Environmental Science and I am possibly doing an emphasis on Agricultural Stewardship. I have the BEST roommate ever!! We are both so happy that we were put together, because we like all the same things, and we get along soo good! She is so outgoing and friendly, which makes me become a little more outgoing as well. I am so absolutely happy with my life right now and I thank God for it everyday. I recently turned 21, and I am proud to say I have been so responsible!! No drunk texting or calling at all! Safe to say that part of my life is over, and I am so glad I turned the page. This summer has been a life changing one, and for the better. God has blessed me and helped me get out of the 'rut' I felt like I was in earlier. I dont even know the person I used to be, and that is a great thing. I honestly feel like this is one of the happiest Ive ever been. I hope everything and school is going great for the rest of you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment